1. Once your baby learns to crawl, you learn to shower in 1/10th the time it used to take.
2. To get fresh cherry stains out of clothing, simply stretch the fabric over a bowl and pour boiling water over the stain. It disappears like magic!
3. Car repairs happen in twos. It seems that whenever one vehicle goes in for an expensive repair, the other vehicle inevitably gets jealous and starts developing symptoms as well.
4. The 35-year-old, female, human body can no longer handle getting less than 5 hours of total sleep two nights in a row.
5. Sometimes movies ARE just as good as the book.
6. A hanging basket of geraniums will survive a hot Utah summer even if it's only watered once a week; a hanging pot of zinnias will not.
7. When it comes to broken storm doors and barbecue grills, it is huge money saver to call the company to inquire after replacement parts. $25 or $50 later and some light labor (thanks Travis!), and both are as good as new.
8. It's nearly impossible to ruin Malt-o-Meal. And (recent epiphany!) you do not have to precisely measure the two ingredients. (Duh!) It turns out exactly the same if you just eyeball the water-meal ratio.
9. Daily affirmations really do work. ("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!")
10. The cutest age for a baby is whatever age the baby is at the moment. Just when you think she couldn't possibly be one smidgeon more adorable, she proves you wrong.
What new things have you learned lately?